TEXALTEL Headlines & Regulatory Alerts
· Due 9/1/2016 - 2013 FCC Form 477 Report
· 06-04-2012 Texas Sets 2012 Municipal Access Line Rates, Effective July 1, 2012
· 08-21-2012 FCC releases Broadband Report - digital divide shrinking, but still a problem
· 08-22-2012 FCC releases Interim Special Access Order - Suspends pricing flexibility rules, prepares for mandatory data collection.
· 08/01/2011 Commissioner Nelson named Chair of Texas PUC
· 07/15/2011 - FCC releases proposed new cramming rules
· 12-30-2010 Core Communications 1, Verizon 0 in the 4th Circuit
· 12-23-2010 FCC Adopts Open Internet Rules
· 12-21-2010 FCC set to vote on Open Internet Policies (Net Neutrality).
· 12-01-2010 Texas PUC sets Interest Rates for 2011
· 06/23/2010 FCC Denies Qwest Phoenix Forbearance Petition
· 05/06/2010 FCC Chairman Genachowski calls for the Third Way, light regulation on internet transmission
· 04/21/2010 FCC Issues NOI and NPRM for USF Reform
· 04/07/2010 DC Court overturns FCC Comcast Ruling, says FCC doesn't have authority to regulate internet.
· 04/01/2010 Federal USF rate increases to 15.3%
· 03/20/2010 FCC releases National Broadband Plan
· 03/01/2010 First round of stimulus grants goes to Valley Coop in South Texas
· 03/01/2010 DC Circuit Court ruled VoIP originated calls are not subject to access charges.
· 07/28/2009 Level 3 Seeks FCC Pre-emption on Right of Way Fees, potentially impacting all ROW fees.
· 05/01/2009 FTC Identity Theft Rules a/k/a Red Flag Rules in effect - for more info see TXTL CPNI Compliance Guide
· 02/11/2009 DC Circuit Court upholds FCC's findings that Verizon's winback campaign violates the FTA and FCC rules.
· 02/04/2009 City of Houston sues C Beyond over Right-of-Way fees - Visit member resources for more details
· 02/03/2009 FCC extends date for action on Verizon's Petition to Forbear from Loop and Transport Unbundling Obligations.
· 02/03/2009 AT&T withdraws petition for declaratory ruling at the FCC that requesting carriers cannot impost bill & keep arrangements or facilities pricing factor pursuant to merger conditions.
· 11/10/2008 FCC approves Intercarrier Compensation Order to comply with DC Court mandate. http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-08-262A1.doc
· AT&T Raises Retail Rates - Effective January 15, 2009
· 07/28/2008 FCC denies Qwest's Petition for Forbearance from 251 and 271 obligations in four MSAs. Order.
· 4/3/2008 - Governor Perry requires carriers to include emergency bill inserts in telecom bills to customers located in the hurricane evacuation zone. Visit member resources for more information.